Thursday 7 February 2008

Its been a long day.


What a day!! My Dad is retiring this week, after 8 years in this particular job but 37 years total with the organisation. We (the extended family) had been invited to attend an event this morning at his work. Boy was it tough! It was so lovely to hear the speeches, but Dad really hates being the centre of attention and was also very emotional about leaving His staff. He looked dreadful as we sat there listening I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make His speech. But He did, and He and he did it well, had as laughing and crying. Tomorrow is His last day, then Monday Mum & Dad move! 

The picture I have included with my post today is of a lithograph. I was lucky enough to purchase this at a Craft Exhibition we held at Church late last year. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it, for several reasons. 1. Red is my favorite colour!! 2. It was soooo cheap! LOL. and 3. it was an opportunity to own a piece of art by a dear friend, Julia. This is her first attempt at the process, hard to believe isn't it!!! I was so excited to have bought it and SHE was so excited that I had bought it. LOL The next job is to find the perfect frame for it! I want to hang it in my studio, one day!

BFN

Lynda

1 comment:

Lindi said...

The lithograph is really lovely. Good for you grabbing it!