Sunday 3 June 2007

1st Quilt


So rising to the challenge of showing off my first quilt took a little longer than I thought it would. I went straight to the computer to look for pics, but of course this project is from the time of camera's WITH FILM!!! Man, that meant searching through piles of photos, which I had thankfully sorted about a year ago. (with the intention of starting to scapbook one day soon!) Not only did I find what I was looking for but a literal treasure trove of other projects. So this morning has been spent scanning and cropping and saving. And now I am ready to share.

As you can see it is a panel, purchased from spotlight I think. I pinned the very thick poly batting to the back of the panel and quilted around some of the larger shapes. Then I put the backing and the panel right sides together, stitched around leaving a hole, turned it through and slip stitched the opening closed. I really had no idea, but the job got done!! I made it in 1990 for my first child, and it was used in the cot for the following 3 also. Now there is very serious questions over it's ownership, LOL. They all sort of see it as theirs, which is nice I suppose. It wasnt a bad first effort, but it was almost another 10 years before I had another go.

No comments: