Friday 23 September 2011

And the WINNER is.....

I am very excited to share with you just WHO won the quilt I donated to the recent fund raising event for a friends daughter. The winner was Merle Brown of the Mooroolbark CWA...I think you can tell from her face she is a little excited. I am am very pleased that the quilt is going to a home where it will obviously be loved and cherished. The event raised $4'500 towards the cost of getting the family's car converted for Leah's wheelchair. I am so proud that the quilt raised $400 of that total.
Merle Brown
Merle being presented with the quilt by Sandy who is Leah's grandmother


2 comments:

Lindi said...

That's so nice. :) She looks very happy! Great effort on the fundraising.

Di said...

And congratulations to you on being so generous. Wonderful effort all round, and you must be so happy to see Merle's excited reaction to her win!