Saturday 7 February 2009

More Concrete & Parcels......

Here finally is a picture of the finished slab. Not very exciting I know but a huge milestone in what is becoming the soap opera of this project. Husband is home, but of course it is going to be 44 degrees here today, so there will be no real work done. He is off buying brackets, as that can be done in an air conditioned car.

Nancy is back from her trip and informed me that her parcel has arrived safely, so that is all 3 received now. Thanks again to everyone who joined in the fun, I am just sorry I couldn't give a prize to everyone.

At the left of the photo you can just see some huge trees. They are part of a protected reserve that surrounds the Blind Creek Billabong which is just behind our house. It was one of the features that attracted us to the area, but of course on a day like today it becomes a point of concern. Over the 10 years we have lived here, we have had several deliberately lit fires in the reserve, one burning a significant area of the bushland. That fire was only about 100m behind our back fence. But I am in the middle of suburbia, and the risk to my property is realatively small. I cannot even imagine what it is like for friends and family who live with an ever present high threat of fire at this time of the year. So to all of you who are literally sweating out the arrival of the cool change, I am thinking of you and praying that this feral day passes without incident.

BFN

No comments: